End User License Agreement
Last updated September 10, 2011
IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH OUR END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT, PLEASE DO NOT PROCEED WITH THE REGISTRATION PROCESS AND LEAVE OUR SITES IMMEDIATELY AND DO NOT ACCESS OR USE OUR WEBISTE(S), GAME(S), OR SERVICE(S).
This software program, and any files that are delivered to you by Infinitios LLP via on-line transmission or otherwise to УpatchФ, update, or otherwise modify the software program, as well as any printed materials and any on-line or electronic documentation (the УManualФ), and any and all copies and derivative works of such software program and Manual (collectively, with the УGame ClientФ defined below, the УGameФ) is the copyrighted work of Infinitios or its licensors (collectively referred to as УINФ). Any and all uses of the Game are governed by the terms of this End User License Agreement (the УLicense AgreementФ, УAgreementФ), the terms and conditions applicable to the use of the related online service available at (УTerms of ServiceФ). The Game is distributed solely for use by authorized end users according to the terms of this License Agreement. Any use, reproduction, modification or distribution of the Game not expressly authorized by the terms of the License Agreement is expressly prohibited.
Grant of a Limited Use License
If you agree to this License Agreement, you may install the Game Client onto your computer for purposes of playing the Game by registering for and accessing an account (УServiceФ). Subject to your agreement to and continuing compliance with this License Agreement, IN hereby grants, and you hereby accept, a limited, non-exclusive license to (a) install the Game Client on one or more computers owned by you or under your legitimate control, and (b) use the Game Client in conjunction with the Service for your non-commercial entertainment purposes only. All use of the Game Client is subject to this License Agreement and to the Terms of Service agreement (УTerms of ServiceФ), both of which you must accept before you can use your Account to play the Game.
Additional License Limitations
The license granted to you in Section 1 is subject to the limitations set forth in Sections 1 and 2 (collectively, the УLicense LimitationsФ). Any use of the Game in violation of the License Limitations will be regarded as an infringement of INТs copyrights in and to the Game. You agree that you will not, under any circumstances:
- In whole or in part, copy, photocopy, reproduce, translate, reverse engineer, derive source code from, modify, disassemble, decompile, or create derivative works based on the Game; provided, however, that you may make one (1) copy of the Game Client and the Manuals for archival purposes only;
- Use cheats, automation software (bots), hacks, mods or any other unauthorized third-party software designed to modify the Casus Belli experience;
- Exploit the Game or any of its parts, including without limitation the Game Client, for any commercial purpose, including without limitation (a) use at a cyber cafe, computer gaming center or any other location-based site without the express written consent of IN; (b) for gathering in-game currency, items or resources for sale outside the Game; or © performing in-game services in exchange for payment outside the Game, e.g., power-leveling;
- Use any unauthorized third-party software that intercepts, УminesФ, or otherwise collects information from or through the Game or the Service, including without limitation any software that reads areas of RAM used by the Game to store information about a character or the game environment; provided, however, that IN may, at its sole and absolute discretion, allow the use of certain third party user interfaces;
- Modify or cause to be modified any files that are a part of the Game Client in any way not expressly authorized by IN;
- Host, provide or develop matchmaking services for the Game or intercept, emulate or redirect the communication protocols used by IN in any way, for any purpose, including without limitation unauthorized play over the internet, network play, or as part of content aggregation networks;
- Facilitate, create or maintain any unauthorized connection to the Game or the Service, including without limitation (a) any connection to any unauthorized server that emulates, or attempts to emulate, the Service; and (b) any connection using programs or tools not expressly approved by IN;
- Sell, grant a security interest in or transfer reproductions of the Game to other parties in any way not expressly authorized herein, or rent, lease or license the Game to others.
Terms of Service
You must accept the Terms of Service in order to access the Service and play the Game. The Terms of Service agreement governs all aspects of the game play. You may view the Terms of Service by visiting the following website: (УTerms of ServiceФ). If you do not agree with the Terms of Service, then you may not register for an Account to play the Game.
Proprietary Rights; Copyrights and Trademarks
- All title, ownership rights and intellectual property rights in and to the Game and all copies thereof (including without limitation any titles, computer code, themes, objects, characters, character names, stories, dialog, catch phrases, locations, concepts, artwork, character inventories, structural or landscape designs, animations, sounds, musical compositions and recordings, audio-visual effects, storylines, character likenesses, methods of operation, moral rights, and any related documentation) are owned or licensed by IN. The Game Client is protected by the copyright laws of all countries on the Earth, international copyright treaties and conventions and other laws. All rights are asserted and reserved. The Game may contain materials licensed by third parties, and the licensors of those materials may enforce their rights in the event of any violation of this License Agreement. All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
- Infinitios, Casus Belli and INТs corporate logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of IN in the United Kingdom and other countries, and all rights, title and interests in and to any and all such marks are hereby expressly reserved by IN. All other trademarks, service marks, trade names and logos that appear within IN games or are displayed on the Website are the property of their respective owners. The Game and all materials, information and data contained or displayed within the games, and/or otherwise appearing within the Website, including documents, Services, site design, text, graphics, logos, images and icons, as well as the arrangement thereof, are the sole property of IN and are © 2011 Infinitios. All rights that have not been expressly granted to you pursuant to these terms are hereby expressly reserved by IN. Except as otherwise expressly permitted by applicable law, any reproduction, distribution, modification, retransmission, publication, or other use or exploitation of the games, the Website and/or any of the materials (or any portion or derivative of any such items), directly or indirectly, is strictly prohibited unless the written consent of the applicable copyright owner or relevant sublicensor (if any) is first obtained.
Consent to Monitor
This License Agreement is effective until terminated. You may terminate the License Agreement at any time by (i) permanently destroying all copies of the Game in your possession or control; (ii) removing the Game Client from your hard drive. IN may terminate this Agreement at any time for any reason or no reason. Upon termination for any reason, all licenses granted herein shall immediately terminate and you must immediately and permanently destroy all copies of the Game in your possession and control and remove the Game Client from your hard drive..
Patches and Updates
IN may deploy or provide patches, updates and modifications to the Game that must be installed for the user to continue to play the Game. IN may update the Game remotely including without limitation the Game Client residing on the userТs machine, without the knowledge of the user, and you hereby grant to IN your consent to deploy and apply such patches, updates and modifications..
Duration of Online Services
This Game is an online game that must be played over the Internet through the Service as provided by IN. You understand and agree that the Service is provided by IN at its discretion and may be terminated or otherwise discontinued by IN pursuant to the Terms of Service.
Your participation in Game is subject to the following terms and conditions.
- Account Suspension
- Temporary suspension from public and battle chat
- Permanent suspension from public and battle chat
- Temporary suspension of user account
- Permanent suspension of user account
- Account closure
- Forced renaming of user account
- Prohibited Uses
- Register nicknames and/or use clan names and symbols that can cause misunderstanding or point to IN or its partners, connected with organizations and/or Nazi figures, violating the law of the country of playerТs residence or international law, as well as using Nazi symbols, designations, abbreviations (SS), and their stylizations (55);
- Impersonate any person or entity, including but not limited to, the Game or other IN official, employee, representative or agent (or an official, employee, representative or agent of INТs affiliates, licensors or licensees), forum leader, guide or host or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
- Transmit or facilitate the transmission of any user content that is unlawful, harmful, rude, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, that may be invasive of anotherТs right of privacy or publicity, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;
- Transmit any user content to an IN communication feature which discloses your or any other personТs personal information;
- Transmit or facilitate the transmission of any content to an e-mail address, messenger-feature address or other location that is not yours or to which you do not have the expressly authorized right to use without securing the prior authorization of such other person or entity;
- Slander and deception of IN staff. IN staff is to be as impartial and unbiased as possible. If there is an issue with the performance of the IN staff the players are to send a report to Customer Service so the issue can be taken under investigation. Openly offending the IN Staff, withholding information, or openly deceiving the IN staff, as well as contradicting their words, actions, and decisions can lead to various penalties depending on the situation. Offenses in this category go through a thorough analysis before punishment is given;
- Transmit unsolicited advertising, promotional materials, or other forms of solicitation. Advertising may include, but is not limited to, the repeated posting of website links through any of the in-game methods of communication. Links to sites, images and/or video as well as businesses and organizations or websites not related to IN and the Game may also be considered as advertising and so such actions are considered prohibited. Discussions of other war games are allowed, however, any form of advertising of non-IN games will not be tolerated;
- Use cheating and hacking. Any kind of cheating or hacking which is concluded by our assessment of a playerТs results will not be tolerated. The hackerТs information including the current IP Address will be recorded for future reference and investigation. By using the Game you agree to immediately report to IN staff on any hacking tools if known that can potentially harm the Website or the Game for further investigation;
- Transmit or facilitate the transmission of any content that contains a virus, corrupted data, trojan horse, bot, keystroke logger, worm, time bomb, cancelbot or other computer programming routines that are intended to and/or actually damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or mine, scrape or expropriate any system, data or personal information;
- Use INТs ?ommunication features in a manner that adversely affects the availability of its resources to other users (e.g., excessive shouting (use of all caps), flooding (continuous posting of repetitive text) or excessively large embedded images, spamming, trolling or flaming);
- Discuss social, religious, political topics that create controversy as well as negatively portray religious and political figures.
- Discuss controversial issues or actions that violate international law or the law of a playerТs country;
- Modify any files that IN does not specifically authorize users to modify. Use of material, which is subject to the rights of any person or entity without the express permission of such rights holder, is prohibited, and will result in the termination of the account and possible civil and/or criminal liability;
- Exploit errors in design, features which are not documented and/or bugs to gain access that would otherwise not be available or to obtain any competitive advantage;
- Reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble all or any portion of the Game or other services.
- Reporting Violation
In order to take part in the Casus Belli MMO Game, participants (УPlayersФ) must be 13 years of age or older. Each Player can have only one registration account. Players are solely responsible for their behavior in both public and battle chat. Players are responsible for protecting their accounts from access by others. You are strongly encouraged to select a hard-to-guess password and not re-use that password on any other sites where it may be read by the owners or administrators of that site. It is highly recommended that board users do not share their accounts with others, nor share their computers used to access the site with others. In case your account has been lost or hacked, please, inform the administration immediately.
Please report any bugs and errors related to registration to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Violations of these rules can lead to the following sanctions:
By involving yourself in the Game, you acknowledge that you agree to these and all other relevant rules and will abide by them regardless of the circumstances. In addition you also agree that these rules will apply to anyone that you allow to use your INТs account or user ID. By allowing another user to use your account, you are personally responsible for all the consequences (including termination of your account) which may result, if the above discussed person violates any of the listed rules at any time you will not be entitled to a refund of any monies paid by you.
You agree not to do any of the following while using the Game or any IN public and battle chats, message boards, messenger-type and other communication features:
Please report any violations to the above terms and conditions to email@example.com. Attached screenshots and/or video are highly appreciated.
Disclaimer of Warranties
Your access and use of the Game is and will be entirely at your own risk and expense. Please be advised that neither the materials nor the third-party content have been verified or authenticated in whole or in part by or for IN, and, accordingly, the audiovisual content and related information and data may include inaccuracies or typographical or other errors. IN does not make any representations or grant any warranties regarding the Game, materials, any third-party content, and/or any other subject matters of this Agreement, including, without limitation, any representation or warranty regarding the accuracy or timeliness of the materials or the third-party content contained within or otherwise displayed as part of the Website. IN shall have no obligations or liability for any errors or omissions of or concerning the Game, the materials and/or any third-party content, whether provided by IN or our licensors or any third-party contributors or other sources of any such items.
NEITHER IN, INТS THIRD PARTY PROVIDERS, NOR ANY PERSON OR ENTITY INVOLVED IN CREATING, PRODUCING OR DISTRIBUTING ANY CONTENT OR SERVICES CONTAINED IN THE GAME, NOR ANY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS (COLLECTIVELY, THE УIN PARTIESФ), MAKE ANY WARRANTY WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THAT THE GAME WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE; NOR DO THEY MAKE ANY WARRANTY AS TO THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM USE OF THE GAME OR AS TO THE ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, QUALITY OR CONTENT OF ANY INFORMATION, SERVICE OR MERCHANDISE PROVIDED ON OR THROUGH THE GAME, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ALL IN COMMUNICATION FEATURES.
TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE GAME AND ALL INFORMATION, CONTENT AND SERVICES CONTAINED THEREON ARE PROVIDED ON AN УAS ISФ BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. THE IN PARTIES EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES OF TITLE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OTHER THAN THOSE WARRANTIES WHICH ARE INCAPABLE OF EXCLUSION, RESTRICTION OR MODIFICATION UNDER THE LAWS APPLICABLE TO THIS AGREEMENT. USE OF THE GAME IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK.
Limitation of Liability
NEITHER IN NOR ITS PARENT, SUBSIDIARIES OR AFFILIATES SHALL BE LIABLE IN ANY WAY FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND ARISING OUT OF THE GAME OR ANY USE OF THE GAME, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION LOSS OF DATA, LOSS OF GOODWILL, WORK STOPPAGE, COMPUTER FAILURE OR MALFUNCTION, OR ANY AND ALL OTHER DAMAGES OR LOSSES. FURTHER, NEITHER IN NOR ITS PARENT, SUBSIDIARIES OR AFFILIATES SHALL BE LIABLE IN ANY WAY FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE TO PLAYER CHARACTERS, VIRTUAL GOODS OR CURRENCY, ACCOUNTS, STATISTICS, OR USER RANKS, OR PROFILE INFORMATION STORED BY THE GAME AND/OR THE SERVICE. IN SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INTERRUPTIONS OF SERVICE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ISP DISRUPTIONS, SOFTWARE OR HARDWARE FAILURES, OR ANY OTHER EVENT WHICH MAY RESULT IN A LOSS OF DATA OR DISRUPTION OF SERVICE. IN NO EVENT WILL IN BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES.
NEITHER THE IN PARTIES NOR ENDORSES OR IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ACCURACY OR RELIABILITY OF ANY OPINION, ADVICE OR STATEMENT, NOR FOR ANY OFFENSIVE, DEFAMATORY, OBSCENE OR ILLEGAL POSTING OR CONDUCT, ON THE WEBSITE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ALL IN COMMUNICATION FEATURES OF THE WEBSITE, BY ANYONE OTHER THAN AUTHORIZED IN EMPLOYEES WHILE ACTING IN THEIR OFFICIAL CAPACITIES. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL IN, ANY IN THIRD PARTY PROVIDER, OR ANY PERSON OR ENTITY INVOLVED IN CREATING, PRODUCING OR DISTRIBUTING ANY CONTENT OR SERVICES CONTAINED ON THE WEBSITE, OR ANY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS, BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE CAUSED BY YOUR RELIANCE ON INFORMATION OBTAINED ON OR THROUGH THE WEBSITE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ALL IN COMMUNICATION FEATURES. IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO EVALUATE THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS OR USEFULNESS OF ANY INFORMATION, OPINION, ADVICE OR OTHER CONTENT AVAILABLE THROUGH THE WEBSITE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ALL IN COMMUNICATION FEATURES. PLEASE SEEK THE ADVICE OF PROFESSIONALS, AS APPROPRIATE, REGARDING THE EVALUATION OF ANY SPECIFIC INFORMATION, OPINION, ADVICE OR OTHER CONTENT.
You hereby agree that IN would be irreparably damaged if the terms of this License Agreement were not specifically enforced, and therefore you agree that IN shall be entitled, without bond, other security, or proof of damages, to appropriate equitable remedies with respect to breaches of this License Agreement, in addition to such other remedies as IN may otherwise have available to it under applicable laws. In the event any litigation is brought by either party in connection with this License Agreement, the prevailing party in such litigation shall be entitled to recover from the other party all the costs, attorneysТ fees and other expenses incurred by such prevailing party in the litigation.
IN reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to change, modify, add to, supplement or delete any of the terms and conditions of this License Agreement when IN upgrades the Game Client, effective upon prior notice as follows: IN will post the revised version of this License Agreement on the Casus Belli website, and may provide such other notice as IN may elect in its sole discretion. If any future changes to this License Agreement are unacceptable to you or cause you to no longer be in compliance with this License Agreement, you may terminate this License Agreement in accordance with Section 6 herein. Your installation and use of any of INТs updates or modifications to the Game or your continued use of the Game following notice of changes to this Agreement will demonstrate your acceptance of any and all such changes. IN may change, modify, suspend, or discontinue any aspect of the Game at any time. IN may also impose limits on certain features or restrict your access to parts or all of the Game without notice or liability. You have no interest, monetary or otherwise, in any feature or content contained in the Game.
Dispute Resolution and Governing Law
- Informal Negotiations
- Binding Arbitration
- Exceptions to Informal Negotiations and Arbitration
To expedite resolution and control the cost of any dispute, controversy or claim related to this License Agreement (УDisputeФ), you and IN agree to first attempt to negotiate any Dispute (except those Disputes expressly provided below) informally for at least 30 days before initiating any arbitration or court proceeding. Such informal negotiations commence upon written notice from one person to the other. IN will send its notice to your billing address and email you a copy to the email address you have provided to us. You will send your notice to Infinitios LLP, Office 48, 88-90 Hatton Garden, London, EC1N 8PN, UK and e-mail a copy to our customer support service firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you and IN are unable to resolve a Dispute through informal negotiations, either you or IN may elect to have the Dispute (except those Disputes expressly excluded below) finally and exclusively resolved by binding arbitration. Any election to arbitrate by one party shall be final and binding on the other. YOU UNDERSTAND THAT ABSENT THIS PROVISION, YOU WOULD HAVE THE RIGHT TO SUE IN COURT AND HAVE A JURY TRIAL. The arbitration shall be commenced and conducted under the jurisdiction of UK courts. The arbitration may be conducted in person, through the submission of documents, by phone or online. The arbitrator will make a decision in writing, but need not provide a statement of reasons unless requested by a party. The arbitrator must follow applicable law, and any award may be challenged if the arbitrator fails to do so. Except as otherwise provided in this License Agreement, you and IN may litigate in court to compel arbitration, stay proceeding pending arbitration, or to confirm, modify, vacate or enter judgment on the award entered by the arbitrator.
You and IN agree that any arbitration shall be limited to the Dispute between IN and you individually. To the full extent permitted by law, (1) no arbitration shall be joined with any other; (2) there is no right or authority for any Dispute to be arbitrated on a class-action basis or to utilize class action procedures; and (3) there is no right or authority for any Dispute to be brought in a purported representative capacity on behalf of the general public or any other persons.
You and IN agree that the following Disputes are not subject to the above provisions concerning informal negotiations and binding arbitration: (1) any Disputes seeking to enforce or protect, or concerning the validity of, any of your or INТs intellectual property rights; (2) any Dispute related to, or arising from, allegations of theft, piracy, invasion of privacy or unauthorized use; and (3) any claim for injunctive relief.
This License Agreement constitutes and contains the entire agreement between the parties with respect to the subject matter hereof and supersedes any prior oral or written agreements, provided, however, that this Agreement shall coexist with, and shall not supersede, the Terms of Service. To the extent that the provisions of this Agreement conflict with the provisions of the Terms of Service, the conflicting provisions in the Terms of Service shall govern. The provisions of Sections 4(A), 5, 9-11, 13 and 14 shall survive the termination of this Agreement for any reason. If any provision of this Agreement is found to be unenforceable, that provision shall be severed and the remainder of the Agreement shall be given full force and effect.
I hereby acknowledge that I have read and understand the foregoing License Agreement and agree that by clicking УAcceptФ or installing the Game Client I am acknowledging my agreement to be bound by the terms and conditions of this License Agreement.
© 2011 Infinitios LLP. All rights reserved. Infinitios and logo Infinitios, Casus Belli and the logo Casus Belli are the trademarks of Infinitios LLP.